Southwest Engineers - Biocides Divisions
Anti-Microbial Products and Services
The Biocides Division is focused on defining the cause of biological contamination and designing the most cost-effective treatment program that satisfies each customer's specific requirements. Our preservatives and treatment programs are designed to protect the integrity and functionality of process and treatment solutions, finished formulations, and substrates.
Our products, experience, and service cover a diverse number of markets and application technology, including:
- COATINGS - Automotive, Industrial, Architectural, Paper
- PRINTING - Inks and System Components
- TEXTILE - Chemicals, Process, and Substrate Protection
- WOOD - Protection
- CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS - Caulks, Sealants, Mastics, Asphalt Emulsion, and Additives
- ADHESIVES - Emulsions, Compounded Formulations
- PIGMENT - Slurry Preservation
- METAL WORKING - Lubricant and Cleaners Preservation
- INSTITUTIONAL / HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS - Preservation and Protection
- PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS - In can preservation and protection
- WATER TREATMENT
- PULP AND PAPER
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS INCLUDE:
||(5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one)
||(5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one,and 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1-3diol)
||(3-iodo-2-propynyl butyl carbamate)
||(tetrakishyroxymethyl phosphonium sulfate)
||(tetra alkyl phosphonium quat)
||(tetrohydro-3, 5-dimethyl-2h-1, 3, 5-thiadiazine-2-thione)
||(didecyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride)
||(didecyl dimethyl ammonium carbonate, and didecyl dimethyl ammonium bicarbonate)
||(n-alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride)
||(n-alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, and bis(tri-n-butyltin) oxide)
||tri-n-butyl tetradecyl phosphonium chloride
Anti-Microbial Treatment Program
Southwest Engineers offers a wide variety of anti-microbial treatment programs to prevent biological fouling of substrates, protect product integrity, improve process efficiency / productivity, and to preserve or improve the quality of finished goods.
Our programs are custom-designed to meet each customer specific requirements. We offer programs that include, but are not limited to:
- Introductory meeting to clearly establish customers' objectives and issues
- Facility audits to define the root cause of contamination
- Laboratory evaluations to screen active ingredients and establish treatment options
- Custom-designed, contained chemical feed systems (CCFS) / Chem-Saf TM containers
- Electronic monitoring
- Fully managed field services
Southwest Engineers' CUSTOM-DESIGNED TREATMENT PROGRAMS are supported by:
Southwest Engineers' Senior Technical Staff Members each have a minimum of 25 years experience in equipment design, anti-microbial application technology, analytical and microbial evaluations. All field service engineers have similar experience installing and servicing biocide delivery systems.
Southwest Engineers has a full line of anti-microbial active ingredients. All products are scientifically proven to be cost-effective, compatible, and safe to use in its intended application. All products offered by Southwest Engineers are extensively documented.
A full-service biocide laboratory supported by a PhD microbiologist with 25 years industry experience.
If you have experienced or suspect biological fouling of your process or product, or if you are already currently using anti-microbial products (biocides, fungicides), please contact Southwest Engineers to put our experience to work for you.
Please call BOB HANSON- 770.335.1229, TED COOKE- 440.477.6231, JOHN GESSER- 985.264.1176, or BOB BURNS- 225.938.8340.